For those unaware of the politics behind Bitcoin as a protocol / software (as opposed to as a currency, which gets a lot of attention every time the Bitcoin price soars), here are some links to get you started on Bitcoin blocksize debate, Bitcoin Core, SegWit (segregated witness), UASF (user activated soft fork), and AsicBoost:
One think to keep an eye on is the possible soft fork (due to UASF) on August 1st.
- What is the Bitcoin Block Size Debate and Why Does it Matter? (on Coindesk)
- Block size limit controversy (on Bitcoin Wiki)
- Money And Politics: Bitcoin’s Governance Crisis (on Techcrunch)
- SegWit, Explained (on The Cointelegraph)
- The Latest Twist to the Block Size Debate Is Called a “UASF” (on Bitcoin Magazine)
- Bitcoin’s New Controversy: The AsicBoost Allegations Explained (on Coindesk)